Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chapter 11


Focus Question:

What is performance – based assessment for teachers and for students?

I learned that there are four different types of tests/assessments that teachers can use to evaluate a student’s progress: norm-reference, criterion-referenced tests, standards-based assessments, and performance-based assessments. Supervisors can also use the same assessments the teachers used for their students, to evaluate their teachers as well.  

Tech Tool:

I appreciated the fact the authors of our book provided different resources for digital portfolio building resources. I for one am not the most organized person in the world, so keeping EVERYTHING that I have ever done for all of my education classes will be impossible for me! Thinking about it gives me a headache. L Fortunately, some smart people came with a way to keep all of my work/files organized by creating digital portfolio building.
Initially, the task seemed impossible, but doing so online makes everything a lot easier! Out of the three resources that were provided to us I liked TaskStream the best. (iLife looks like more fun to paly with but I do not own an Apple computer so I can’t enjoy the site. Aww well J) Anyway, all of the sources get the job done but TaskStream made it easier to put documents together, and it was more appealing.





Summary:

I’m kind of sad that this will be my last blog about this book. I really enjoyed reading because there’s sooooo many tools for educators for educators to enhance their assessments that I would know nothing about. The part of the book that I enjoyed the most was the Tech Tools. Providing these sources allowed me to go check things out for myself and get a feel for what I like and dislike, and things I need to get better at using. 

Chapter 11 basically gave us steps on how to make ourselves, as educators, more marketable by taking advantage of creating digital portfolio building resources. I was also informed on how to enhance our students’ classroom experience by using pre-assessment tools like clickers or interactive surveys/polls. (If I had fun in class with the polls at 21 years old, any kid will!)

I really enjoyed your class Professor Coleman. I feel like this is the last day of school; maybe because this is my last post. I have learned a lot from the book and from being interactive with you in class as well. Thanks for everything! J  

1 comment:

  1. Great reflective post - and, I like that you always seem to add your thoughts at a personal level! :) Though this class is coming to a close, you have many ways to continue your learning in educational technology, so keep it up! Keeping your links in delicious is a great start and then using them often as you move forward in both your educational/career and personal goals. Also, you can change the name of this blog and continue posting - great for reflection on your learning! :)

    ReplyDelete