Thursday, September 20, 2012

About Me :)



Hello World!

First and foremost, I want to say how excited I am about this blog! My name is Manoushca and I am a 20 year old native Floridian. I am one of four girls in my family. (No boys.) My parents are from the country of Haiti so I wasn't exposed to the English language until I attended school; although I was born in the States my first language is technically Haitian Creole. I am an aspiring math teacher; however I know that I don’t want to be a teacher for very long. I’ll probably end up working my way up into administration. (I don’t know yet, we’ll see.)

            I graduated from high school in 2010, and have been in college year round ever since. (That means I haven’t had any vacations; I go to school during the summer time as well.) I went to a school in Naples, Florida by the name of Lely High School. I was super involved in all sorts of extracurricular activities like: student government, volunteering at regular K-12 schools and schools that focused on adult education, I played volleyball and cheered all 4 years, and the list goes on-and-on. (I was never home.) Anyway, high school was fun. I have a lot of great memories, but I’m enjoying college life as well.
           I attended a private institution called Florida Southern College when I first went off to school. I cheered there as well, made many friends, and created a great network of professionals that I can get in contact with in the future if needed. People from all over the world attend that school; from Asians, Europeans, Africans, people from the Caribbean, etc. It was a great environment! I decided to leave last year due to personal reasons; I miss it, however, I like the school that I’m attending now; it’s cool too. The college life is fun! I do what I want, when I want, how I want, whenever I want! 

           When I have free time I like to write, sing, and listen to music. I used to play many instruments as a child, but then I quit playing in middle school. I love to sing; I've been singing since I was 3 years old. I used to travel around the state sometimes with a band called Knights for Christ and sing background for them. (They still exist and they’re a great band!) I try not to be prejudice towards anyone. I give everyone the same respect I would want to receive. Loving and caring for people is what I enjoy doing. (I know that sounds a little corny but it’s true.) Attached is a picture that represents me. 

Peace & Blessings! 





1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why you have the white background around some of the text, but it does make it difficult to read - can you change that? Also, you didn't give attribution to the photograph you used, so please do so!

    Your busy life didn't change from high school to college - and probably won't in your near future either. Be careful not to burn the candle at both ends. Doing so much (quantity) can sometimes impact the quality...

    ReplyDelete